In order to keep our streets safe and conducive to business the Conservative Party recommends: Law enforcement agencies throughout the state should be required to detain for purposes of notifying federal authorities any individual reasonably suspected of being in the U.S. illegally. Law enforcement agencies efforts utilizing all effective law enforcement techniques, such as profiling:
- Law enforcement agencies throughout the state should be required to detain for purposes of notifying federal authorities any individual reasonably suspected of being in the U.S. illegally.
- Law enforcement agencies efforts utilizing all effective law enforcement techniques, such as profiling, surveillance and stop, question and frisk that keeps citizens safe.
- Opposition to any efforts to change the way district attorneys prosecute crimes and oppose changing the Grand Jury system.
- Rejection of any effort to legalize marijuana and other drugs for recreational purposes and supervised injection sites.
- Legislation that seeks to increase the level of offense when an individual or group specifically targets and/or lures members of law enforcement, firemen, first responders or active military to be physically harmed.
- DNA databanks should include anyone convicted of a felony criminal offense.
- Citizens shall have the right to protect themselves with legally purchased firearms. Local and State laws should not conflict with federal law in the licensing or permits allowing citizens in good standing to carry firearms, therefore the NY SAFE Act must be repealed.
- Rejection of expanding the Red Flag Law and examination of social media sites.
- Rejection of any restrictions placed on the rights of law-abiding citizens to legally acquire and possess firearms, or any other constitutionally-protected means of self-defense, such as electric stun devices and gravity knives.
- Legislation to end parole for all convicted felons.
- Bail should be denied to defendants charged with commissions of felony crimes of violence and that community safety should be considered in bail decisions. We reject ending cash bail.
- We reject any effort to change the state’s double jeopardy protection.
- We reject efforts to have convicted felons serve on jury duty.
- Legislation that allows for prosecution as a felon after a third independent misdemeanor offense.
- The opioid crisis is real and deadly. Narcan must be readily available to save lives and every effort must be made to help the addict, but we must also be mindful of politicians who totally blame drug manufacturers are using this crisis for political and financial gain.
- Restoration of the Death Penalty.